Physician Training and Grants
Minnesota Lyme Association provides the opportunity for up to $2500 reimbursement for fees and expenses related to ILADS annual training and individual clinical preceptorships.
Healthcare practitioners who are able to prescribe pharmaceuticals, who understand that Lyme disease is a clinical diagnosis, who are willing to accept new Lyme patients and who recognize that tick-borne diseases produce a variety of symptoms and secondary conditions requiring individualized treatment regimens are encouraged to apply.
To qualify for an ILADS training program scholarship, healthcare practitioners must meet the following criteria:
- Accepted into ILADS/TTC Physician Training Program.
- Application and details about the program can be obtained from ILADS website: www.ilads.org
- Practice in Minnesota
- Ablility to prescribe pharmaceuticals
- Interview with MLA board members and MLA medical advisor
- Attend a CME course on Lyme Disease treatment offered by MLA medical advisor, Dr. Elizabeth Maloney.
- Complete ILADS training within 6 months of scholarship acceptance
ILADS Physician Training
The ILADEF Physician Training Program, a groundbreaking project vital to fostering excellence in care for Lyme disease patients, directly addresses challenges in properly diagnosing and treating Lyme and other tickborne diseases.
Upcoming ILADS Conferences
Conference joins a series of intellectually stimulating events whose focus is educating medical professionals about the proper diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease.